Sunday, June 19, 2011

No Knead Bread





Lindsay H. gave me the simplest directions.  


Mix 3 cups bread flour, 1/4 tsp yeast, 1 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 1/2 cup water in a bowl and set aside for 12-18 hours (covered, room temp).


Punch down, fold in two, let rise until double.


Bake in oven for 30 minutes covered, 30 minutes uncovered.

Note from Lindsay about temperatures...
I bake my bread at 425-450DF, but i like darker "european color". Temp of bread should be between 190-200 depending on what type of bread you are making.

I asked if I had less time she said - It will rise, just let it ferment for the 8-10 hours, form it and bc it is so hot here it should rise in 40 mins.... The 12-18 hours isn't for rising, but for flavor development.

 for microwave help....boil water in microwave, turn off and put formed bread in with bowl of steamy water..be careful though as bread is much more vulnerable to deflating with this method so you have to be gentle with it when you transfer it to oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment