Monday, May 2, 2011

Raspberry Cream Cheese Cake



Recipe originally from Judy Kirkham in Geneva Ward Cookbook. Made for April 2011 picnic at Macbeth Singapore with Jeff/Michal, Jonna/Anna, Rochelle, Jessie, Jonette/Martin. I did 1 1/2 times the recipe to fill a 9x13 pan, otherwise I usually do a 9 inch circle pan. Next time I think I'll add salt in the crumble, also not bother adding half an egg if I increase recipe b/c it became more flan than cheesecakey.

Crust:
2 - 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup margarine
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 tsp. almond

Combine flour & sugar in large bowl. Cut in margarine to resemble coarse crumbs. Set aside a cup of this mixture. To remaining mixture, add baking powder, baking soda, sour cream, egg and almond extract. Blend, chill 15 minutes.

Filling:

1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/2 cup raspberry jam
1 Tbsp. water

Combine cream cheese, sugar, egg and peel. Best well, set aside. In separate bowl, combine raspberry jam and water. Set aside. Grease ad flour your pan. Spread crust batter on bottom and up sides. Pour in cream cheese mixture. Top with raspberry mixture. Sprinkle with 1 cup crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment